Real Talk By: KJ
Hot Bullet Points:
- It’s all we ever wanted, and it’s the right thing to do. We get to relive The Arcade magic of old! Capcom has put together a unique list of hits.
- 7 Rock-Solid brawlers for 20 bucks, with really no misses in the lineup.
- This compilation of includes: Captain Commando, Final Fight, The King of Dragons, Knights of the Round and Warriors of Fate. Two had never been ported to home consoles until now. Armored Warriors and Battle Circuit are here as well.
- Players can set up lobbies, others can join in, or simply choose the option to observe.
- It’s up to Four Players (Local and Online).
- Local coop is going to be a guaranteed good time playing with your homeboys. However, online has been a mixed bag. Any time three or more players jump into the fray often the game being will see a significant slow down. It’s happened often enough that it needed to be addressed in the review. Seems as if Capcom was so anxious to kick this compilation out the door, they neglected to remember that it’s 2018.
- The GGPO Netcode is missing from this release.
- Gallery Mode is the only true extra here. Look at the artwork behind every game included. There’s some impressive imagery that absolutely holds up.
- It’s available to play either the American or Japanese version of each game
- Those looking for additional features will be disappointed. This was merely a drag and drop for Capcom.
- With Streets of Rage 4 on the way and indie developers putting out some fun titles, The a genre appears to be getting back on track. It’s an easy cash grab. Compile the classics people want to play and make it affordable. Continue to give fans what they want to play (Hello Konami). Licensing issues, well, they need to stop being an issue. Work something out.
Capcom Beat ‘Em Up Gets
4 out of 5
+Excellent Choice of Games
+Gameplay Adjustment options
-Lacking Key Visual Presentation Options We Expect From Previous Capcom Re-releases.
-Three or Four Players Online Makes The Game Chug. Badly needs an update.
You must be logged in to post a comment.