Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Snowblind Studios today announced the details of the North American Collector’s Edition and pre-order incentive programs for The Lord of the Rings: War in the North along with a Fall 2011 ship date. The game will be released for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
The Collector’s Edition includes:
- Ranger of the North Quiver Case
- War in the North art book featuring concept art of key characters in the game, various enemies and beautiful environments in Middle-earth
- Inside Look: The Music of War in the North—content includes: interviews and footage of legendary composer Inon Zur at Abbey Road Studios and the E3 2011 Concert event, along with three tracks from the game soundtrack
- Digital content:
- Ranger of the North Avatar for Xbox Live (Xbox 360 sku) – includes the Ranger armor set, helmet, quiver and bow
- War in the North Theme Pack (PS3 sku) – includes War in the North wallpaper, fonts, icons and much more!
- The Lord of the Rings: War in the North video game
- SRP: $129.99
If you choose the standard edition, battle against Sauron’s evil forces and help turn the tide of the War of the Ring with these special pre-order incentives from the following retailers:
Exclusive to Amazon.com, pre-order the game and get early access to part two of the War in the North Digital Comic written by Brian Wood, illustrated by Simon Coleby and produced by DC Entertainment. The comic book reveals the back story leading up to The Lord of the Rings: War in the North. Players will also receive the Orc Champion sword for in-game use.
Embark on an Elven adventure with the Elf Theme Pack, equipped with a mystical Elven sword, armor and helmet, and get access to the Lothlórien Challenge map.
Visit the Citadel of the Stars and the Tower of Stone with the Human Theme Pack equipped with an exclusive human sword, armor and battle attire of the Human Ranger, and get access to the Osgiliath Challenge map.
Immerse yourself in the sounds of Middle-earth with three exclusive tracks from the War in the North soundtrack.
Toys ‘R’ Us
Receive a limited edition, signed War in the North poster by Jim Lee, and access to download parts one and two of the War in the North Digital Comic at launch.
A Dwarven quest lies ahead for everyone who chooses to pre-order at Wal-Mart; the Dwarf Theme Pack includes an exclusive dwarf sword, armor and helmet.
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North is an intense Action RPG video game based on the renowned works of J.R.R. Tolkien. Through innovative online, interdependent co-op play for up to three players who form their own Fellowship, the game breaks new ground as the first The Lord of the Rings video game to embrace the gritty and brutal reality of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Middle-earth. Exploring previously unseen lands, storylines and characters as well as those familiar from past feature films, gamers experience expansive co-op gameplay and upgradeable weapons, character customization and development, skills and special abilities. Gamers must play together or perish as they work to defeat Sauron’s forces in the North. The Lord of the Rings: War in the North will be available on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Games for Windows.